The CATS (Computer Aided Training & Educational Services) course management system is İstanbul Kültür University’s adaptation of the Sakai LMS software developed by international universities.
For more information about CATS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
F.A.Q. about CATS (Students)
You can easily contact the lecturer of the course you take through CATS with the help of the following tools.
1. Announcements: Announcements will be made frequently by the lecturer. Follow these announcements from the course's page.
2. Your email address with the extension 'Stu.iku.edu.tr' is your official correspondence address recognized by our university. Announcements and messages sent from CATS can also be automatically forwarded to your email address if it is set in this way. It is important that you check your emails regularly.
3. Messages: Messages allow all participants of the course, students and lecturers, to communicate collectively or individually and to share files where necessary. Optionally, these messages can also be sent as emails to the selected participants.
4. Chat Room: Chat rooms allow the participants of a course to communicate and share information via instant messaging.
5. Forum: For some courses, the lecturer can use this tool to let all of the participants of the course discuss under the threads opened for various subjects. It would be helpful that you participate in such forums if this tool is used in the course you take.
You need to download the Adobe Connect app on your computer for once. After you download the suitable version for your computer's properties, open the .exe file and install the app. Click the virtual class link sent to you.