You can access all information technology services offered at our university with your Unipass username and password.
How can I change my password?
To change your Unipass password, after opening the address selfservis.iku.edu.tr, IKU personnel username or IKU student number is written in the user ID field. In the Password field, the last used password is entered. After this step, click on the "Change Password" link.
Password setting rules:
- Must have at least 10 (ten) characters.
- It must contain at least 1 (one) uppercase, at least 1 (one) lowercase letter, at least 1 (one) alphanumeric and at least 2 (two) digits. There must be at least 3 (three) letters.
- Starting characters cannot be other than “qwertyuiopasdfghjkzxcvbnmQWERTYUPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM0123456789”.
- Some special characters ("'^/ () =`|~%&#$IlO_, @; \) are not allowed.
- The same characters cannot be used consecutively. (aaa, 111, XXX, ababab...)
- Sequential characters cannot be used. (abcd, qwert, asdf, 1234, zxcetc...)
- Username and User ID cannot be used as a password.
- Passwords developed with the same or very similar methods that most people can use should not be used.
If you cannot remember your password, the “I Forgot My Password” link on the self-service page can be used to get a new password.
The new password will be sent via SMS to your mobile phone number registered in the ORION system.
If mobile phone information is not registered in the system;
If you are a student, this information can be changed by the Registrar's Office.
If you are an institute student, this information can be changed by the Institute.
If you are a personnel, this information can be changed by the Human Resources Department.
Half an hour after the mobile phone number change is made, you can request a new password via the address selfservis.iku.edu.tr.
In case of any problems, you can get help by visiting the BST offices in our campuses between 08.30 and 18.00 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.